Who are we?
CAA (Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology) is an international organisation that has been promoting interdisciplinary exchange between archaeologists, historians, mathematicians and computer scientists for 30 years (-> CAA). In addition to an international conference and a renowned publication series, the idea of the CAA is taken to different countries through so-called National Chapters and is deepened there.
The new Swiss section of the CAA was launched at the CAA General Assembly in 2020. Today, at DIGIARCH2021, we officially start our work. For the time being, this is purely #virtual.
As soon as possible, however, CAA-CH will be celebrated with an ‘analog’ Grand Opening in the summer. Are you interested? Then become a member today. Membership is free of charge.
What do I gain from it?
The CAA-CH enables:
- An annual conference starting in 2022.
- A Swiss-wide platform for existing and new stakeholders in quantitative and computational methods in archaeology in Switzerland.
- A Swiss-wide professional discourse between the different disciplines in the field.
- A Swiss-wide contact point for the application of information technology in archaeological research and practice.
- The promotion of teaching and training activities throughout Switzerland.
- Access to and representation of Swiss archaeology and heritage in the international field of archaeological computer applications.
- Become a member.
- Tell us about your activities in computational archaeology.
- Suggest how we could support your work.
- Chat with us
We look forward to your input! Contact us at email@example.com!